July 14, 2012

Laundry Room Re-Do

For some reason, I’ve been diligently working on projects around the house.  I’m not sure what has gotten into me – as I am usually content to sit and play on my computer.  I blame Pinterest. 
So I am going to try to get pictures up of some before and after’s going on around here.  First will be the laundry room.  It is one of the only rooms in the house that I had not yet changed since moving in.  The previous owners of this house had a love affair with the color purple.  And green.  And teal.  Often all together.  Not my style.  So here are a few before pictures:
044Lovely, isn’t it?045 (2)Close up of that wall paper border. 
I got tired of that border several months ago and tried ripping it off.  I didn’t get too far as it was attached very firmly with an abundance of glue.  So I gave up for the time being. 
Recently, I tried again, this time armed with a wall-paper scorer thing (yes, that is the technical term) and some spray.  Finally, after two days of a little hard work and a lot of cussing, I finally finished.  Here are the results:
002004003Much better, don’t you think?

No comments:

Pageviews past week